Three closely located Category D ( 5000- 5999m) PakPeaks in the Nanga Parbat Region of Pakistan offer exciting climbing opportunities for the amateur climbers. Comparatively these peaks are less technical and easy to climb however requires physical fitness and basic mountaineering skills. One will need rope, harness, snow gaiters, figure D, crampons, Ice axe etc. These peaks are:
- Pakpeak Buldar (5602 m)
- PakPeak Jalipur North (5215m)
- PakPeak Jalipur South (5206m)
The approach to these three PakPekas is via Raikot Bridge- Fairy Meadow.
Palces to know
Chilas,Raikot bridge, Tato,Fairy Meaadows,Beyal Camp,Nanga Parbat Base camp,
Duration: 11-12 days from Islamabad and back Season: June-September
Start and Finish Point : Fairy Meadow
- Day-01: Reach Islamabad from wherever
- Day-02: Fly to Gilgit or drive to Chilas 12-14 hours on Karakoram Highway
- Day-03: Drive to Rai kot Bridge and transfer to local jeeps, drive till Tato where jeep road ends and trek to Fairy Meadow, overnight in the tent.
- Day-04: Trek to Nanga Parbat Base Camp 4000M, overnight in the tent
- Day-05: Trek to the High camp
- Day-06: Climb PakPeak Buldar (5602m)
- Day-07: Trek back to Beyal Camp or overnight in the tent
- Day-08: Climb to PakPeak Jalipur North (5215m) and back to Beyal Camp for overnight
- Day-09: Day free at Beyal or trek to Fairy Meadow, overnight in the tent
- Day-10: Trek back to Tato and drive to Chilas or Besham, overnight at hotel
- Day-11: Drive to Islamabad
- Day-12: Departure from Islamabad
P.S : With minor adjustment PakPeak Jalipur South can also be added if desired.
Need more climbing suggestions? Check this